Offered monthly. Click here for program calendar.
Learn how macrobiotics can help you overcome illness and achieve genuine health. Our Way to Health program, the most comprehensive introduction to macrobiotics available, has guided thousands of people to health and happiness. Immerse yourself in a supportive residential environment with delicious, organic meals and encouragement from students and faculty.
Our approach is quite simple: health is our natural state of being. To achieve and maintain optimal health is to live in accordance with nature’s laws, beginning with food. Way to Health is designed to help you do exactly that. We will guide you through every step of the healing process, from the selection of healthful foods and proper cooking techniques, to balanced activities and natural remedies. Download a sample class schedule here.
We will provide you with the resources to achieve your goals and maintain a personal practice at home. Upon completion of the program you will have the tools and knowledge to continue your path to recovery with a strong foundation for a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. We will be available for ongoing support via phone, E-mail, and Skype.
Food and lifestyle choices DO make a difference in your health and ability to heal. The Way to Health program could be the most important week of your life!
Transitioning to a healthy, balanced macrobiotic diet and lifestyle can help alleviate and sometimes reverse:
Additionally, following a macrobiotic lifestyle can lead to an abundance of energy, a healthy appetite, restful and rejuvenating sleep, peace of mind, and happiness.
We have a variety of private sessions available including dietary and lifestyle counseling, shiatsu massage, yoga, bodywork, and menu planning/cooking. Please click here for details.
“I came to the Kushi Institute to support my sister in her healing. I not only believe she made a superb choice, but am so grateful to have experienced that knowledge and understanding of macrobiotics with her. Thank you for showing me this path.” Penny Brill, California
“Six weeks after beginning the healing diet and lifestyle, I felt better emotionally and physically than ever before in my life. Kushi Institute has given me the gift of life with vitality and joy!” Rita Van Tassel, Colorado
$975 includes program and meals, housing excluded. Discounts available if you enroll in Way to Health PLUS simultaneously.
Accommodations and Transportation:
You may choose to stay on-campus in our historic manor or in our dormitory-style building. Or you can arrange off-campus accommodations at a local motel or inn. Please click here for on-campus pricing.
Shuttle service is available to and from the Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT. Call for more information.
Our MINI Way to Health program is a shorter version of our popular, week-long Way to Health program, but it gives you so much!
- Get the keys to creating great health through 11 classes and workshops, with expert faculty guiding you in the macrobiotic approach to health and healing.
- You will also have the opportunity to book a private consultation with one of our experienced counselors that tailors the macrobiotic diet and lifestyle to your particular needs, and can make all the difference in your ability to reach your health goals. Counseling fee: $275.00
- Private Shiatsu (body work) sessions also available for $120.00
- Gain health benefits immediately as you enjoy our wonderful meals, prepared by world-class macrobiotic chefs.
- Our scenic 600-acre campus is an ideal environment for renewal.
- If you’re arriving by air, we offer an economical shuttle service between Kushi Institute and Bradley International Airport (call or email for details).
Macrobiotic Cooking Classes
- Daily cooking classes – learn a variety of macrobiotic dishes that support health and healing
- Natural home remedies
- Learn which foods have powerful healing qualities and which to limit or avoid for better health.
- Menu planning – see how to fit healthy macrobiotic cooking into your busy life
- Tips on how to be successful with macrobiotics
- Morning exercises to get your lymph system moving and boost natural immunity and vitality
- And more!