Liver Drink MugIngredients and Prep:
- 1 part raw buckwheat grain
- 1 part fresh daikon radish (diced into fine pieces)
- 1 part fresh daikon radish greens tops (cut thinly)
- 2 parts bean sprouts, mung bean or alfalfa (cut finely into small pieces)
- 2 parts scallion (cut finely into small pieces)
- 1 part dried shiitake mushrom (soaked 10 minutes in a little water, chop finely, add soaking water to mixture)
- 5 parts water
A part can be any amount as long as it is kept in appropriate proportion. Ex: if 1 part is 1/8 cup then 2 part would be 1/4 cup.
For correct amount of water, if your total parts of ingredients equals 2 cups then 5 times that amount would be 10 cups of water.
Pre-cook the buckwheat grain for 15 minutes in 5 times the total amount of water. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium.
Add the vegetables to the grain and simmer for 15 minutes longer.
Drink Tea while still hot.
Drink 1 cup every day for 7 days in a row.
This will help to detoxify those heavy winter foods that we accumulated for the cold weather. It will also help release stagnate energy making us feel lighter. A lighter liver is a happy liver.