A rich slightly salty dressing delicious on cooked vegetables and raw salads (and pretty much anything.)
- 1.5 cups toasted sesame seeds
- 2 bunches scallions
- 1/2 cup of umeboshi vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Add the following ingredients into the blender – vinegar, scallions, and water.
- Blend to liquid and taste for flavor.
- Add sesame seeds and water as needed for texture.
- Taste for flavor and add more vinegar and scallions as needed.
- The sesame seeds need to be toasted prior to making the dressing. It’s helpful to prepare these in larger amounts to save time, and keep them in a glass container. Toast them in a pan or in the oven, and use for them for different dishes, and as a garnish.
- The umeboshi vinegar acts as the salt flavoring for this dish, and it’s very nice for dressings because it’s already a liquid salt. It has a distinct flavor, and carries quite a significant amount of saltiness, so taste as you go.