Squash Pudding Desserts
Heavy-duty stainless steel knife for cutting the squash
- Click on the highlighted links to get information on the item or order from KushiStore.com
- 1medium-sized butternut
- squash (large enough to make 4 cups, pealed)
- 3tablespoons kanten
- flakes (agar-agar)
- 1tablespoon barley
- 1tablespoon tahini
- 1tablespoon arrowroot flour
- pinch sea
- Wash, peel and de-stem the squash, and cut it in half, top to bottom. Scrape out the seeds and cut the squash into one-inch cubes.
- Place the cubed squash in a saucepan with about three inches of water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over a medium flame for 30 minutes, or until the squash is very soft.
- Puree squash in a hand food mill or food processor.
- Place four cups of the squash puree in a saucepan with the agar-agar flakes, barley malt, tahini and sea salt. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes over a low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the arrowroot powder in a little water and stir this into the pudding. Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Scoop into dessert bowls and let cool.
Kushi Institute http://www.kushiinstitute.org/