Light Lemon Pudding Desserts
Bettina Zumdick, Kushi Institute teacher and counselor, has been involved in Macrobiotics for over twenty-five years. A native of the Baltic Sea area in Germany, she studied food science at the University of Muenster. Bettina has taught Macrobiotics and other mind-body-spirit related topics such as meditation, Tao Yin Yoga and chanting throughout Europe and the United States.
Enjoy this refreshing dessert courtesy of Bettina. Learn more about Bettina at http://www.bettinazumdick.com/.
- 1 cup organic, unsweetened apple juice
- 1 1/2 tsp agar-agar
- 1-2 Tbs rice malt syrup
- 1-2 tsp kuzu diluted in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Optional garnish: pumpkin seeds, mint, or fresh strawberries
- 1. Combine juice, flakes, rice malt syrup, and salt in saucepan, and bring to gentle boil.
- 2. Simmer and stir until agar-agar flakes are completely dissolved.
- 3. Slowly add kuzu (which has been diluted in the cold water) to the heated mixture and continue to stir.
- 4. The mixture will begin to thicken -- test a small amount (less than a teaspoon) on cooling plate if necessary.
- 5. Add the lemon juice and zest, stir into mixture, and turn off heat.
- 6. Pour into individual serving dishes.
- 7. Garnish.
- 8. Refrigerate.
Adapted from 10 Delicious Desserts for All Occasions
Kushi Institute http://www.kushiinstitute.org/