Light Lemon Pudding
1 cup organic, unsweetened apple juice
1 1/2 tsp agar-agar
1-2 Tbs rice malt syrup
1-2 tsp kuzu diluted in 1/4 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
pinch of salt
1/4-1/2 tsp lemon zest
optional garnish: pumpkin seeds and mint
1. Combine juice, flakes, rice malt syrup, and salt in saucepan, and bring to gentle boil.
2. Simmer and stir until agar-agar flakes are completely dissolved.
3. Slowly add kuzu (which has been diluted in the cold water) to the heated mixture and continue to stir.
4. The mixture will begin to thicken -- test a small amount (less than a teaspoon) on cooling plate if necessary.
5. Add the lemon juice and zest, stir into mixture, and turn off heat.
6. Pour into individual serving dishes.